The foundation for Fellowship Community was laid in 1905 when the PA Annual Conference (of what would later become Bible Fellowship Church) elected a special Board of Trustees and charged them with establishing a Home for Widows and Orphans.
The Board purchased an operating dairy farm on 85 acres in Center Valley in 1906, and added 10.5 acres from the estate of Henry Sell a year later. In July of 1909, two aged female residents were welcomed to the 13-room brick house on the property.
In 1960, the Board acquired a three-story brick building and adjoining lot on South New Street in Nazareth. The remaining Center Valley residents were transferred, and the Home and Farm property was subsequently sold, later to become the major portion of the campus of DeSales University. The Board purchased additional property on the opposite side of the street, and construction of a larger Fellowship Home which could accommodate 28 residents was completed in 1968.
In 1988 construction was completed on Fellowship Manor, a 121-bed skilled nursing facility located on a 42-acre tract of land in Whitehall Township. Upon completion of Fellowship Manor, the Fellowship Home in Nazareth was converted to a personal care center and was subsequently sold in 2003, the same year in which Fellowship Terrace was constructed on the Whitehall campus. This new 90-bed addition consolidated skilled nursing and personal care into one location.
Independent living was added to the campus in 1995 with the construction of 8 single story townhomes adjacent to Fellowship Manor. Since then, 131 additional units have been constructed as Fellowship Courts.
The most recent campus expansion was done in 2014, with the construction of Fellowship Villa which houses 64 personal care beds; Brooke Ridge Apartments, 12 independent living apartments; and the Zentz Community Center. The campus is now 46 acres in size.